The 56th Berkeley Hills Road Race was great fun! We hosted over 500 racers on the challenging 3 Bears course. Thanks for all racers the and race supports!
The 2013 – 56th Berkeley Hills Road Race (BHRR) will be held on Sunday, May 12, 2013.
BHRR is part of the BikeReg.com Premier Series 2013
- Registration on BikeReg.com. Pre-reg closes Thurs May 9, 11:59pm PDT, or when fields fill.
- Add $10 for late (day-of) registration. FIELD SIZES ARE LOW. Pre-reg early! No refunds.
- Champion Discount: Champions are to register and pay normal entry fees up front. Current NCNCA and National Road. Champions shall receive a partial refund race-day at the registration desk if:
- Your entry is received by the pre-reg deadline (otherwise pay full entry plus late fee), and;
- You ride in the category in which you are champion (Master Champions may ride down in age, and Juniors may ride up).
- Championship jersey is not required.
- Race-day check-in opens 6:15am and closes 15 minutes before each race.
- START (SAME AS LAST YEAR): San Pablo Reservoir Boat Launch.·
- From Orinda (Hwy 24), 2.4 miles north/west (towards Richmond) on Camino Pablo to the San Pablo Reservoir Boat Launch (not the Recreation Area); enter at Boat Launch sign and follow the lakefront road north 1.5 miles, past guard gate to parking lots.
- From I-80, San Pablo Dam Road exit, 8.9 miles south/east (towards Orinda) to Boat Launch as above.
- Parking is limited, carpooling is strongly advised.
- NO PARKING ON THE COURSE OR NEAR THE FINISH LINE OR ACROSS FROM REG DESK.
- Traditional loop (approx 30.4km): San Pablo Dam, Castro Ranch, Alhambra Valley, and Bear Creek Roads, clockwise. Pavement good to fair.
- Start: 2km promenade up service road from reg/parking area to (and then a short way along) San Pablo Dam Road.
- Finish: Top of the second long climb on Bear Creek Road (Papa Bear).
- Feed Zone: Approx 1.5km before finish on Papa Bear climb. Parking at feed zone for feed zone participants only.
Course and Race Rules
- All USAC/USCF rules apply.
- No road closure. Watch for traffic and road hazards. Use caution.
- NO warming up on the course.
- NO parking on the course or near finish line. CHP will be patroling.
- Please, no tents in the parking lot.
- Immediately upon finishing your race, please proceed directly to the reg/parking area. DO NOT LINGER IN THE FINISH AREA.
- Wheel support (wheels in/wheels out) will only be provided for:
- P/1/2 Men,
- Masters 35+ 1/2/3, and
- Masters 45+ 1/2/3.
- NO other unauthorized support vehicles allowed ANYWHERE on the course. Unauthorized follow vehicles will result in rider/team DQ.
- Officials, course marshals and CHP are watching.
- NO REFUNDS
A portion of proceeds from this year’s event will be donated.